Monday, December 6, 2021

December 7, 2021

                                                         Week Two / Tuesday

Overcoming the Fear of…

Success


For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. 

– Isaiah 41:13


There are a number of reasons why one might fear success. Perhaps we have been told in our youth, by someone we admire or perhaps a parent or someone we depend on, that we just don’t measure up, that we’ll never amount to anything; and perhaps, down deep, we’re afraid it’s true.  We fear that they are right.  … Or, perhaps, we are afraid of being more successful than someone else. The problem with these fears is that they come from human measures, human comparisons.


The counter to these fears is reliance on God and trust in him. God’s plans for us are far better than our own. Several scripture passages speak to this: 


Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” 


Paul says in 2 Corinthians, “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.” 



God promises in Isaiah 41, “…fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. … For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.” 


In what ways do you fear success?                  


Read Isaiah 41:13 one more time.


  • What does this scripture tell you about God?  

 

  • What does this scripture tell you about your fear?


Prayer for Today: Relying on your help, Lord God, let us count following Christ as our highest achievement. Amen

Written by: Charlie McFarlin

Retired Pastor, Worship Team, Prayer Team


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home