Friday, December 3, 2021

December 4, 2021

                                                         Week One / Saturday

Overcoming the Fear of…

Failure


Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.  - Joshua 1:9


“Failure” can seem like such a harsh, hurtful word, can’t it? For me, it’s so personal! It hits me straight in the heart. “What if I fail?!... What will I do?! What will happen?! Does it mean I’m a failure?!” 


Because of how it makes me feel, it’s easy to allow the fear of failure to set in before I even begin a journey. Just the thought of failing can prevent me from starting. But, that is the real failure, am I right?! 


I think I have this idea that failure is final. That if I fail, no matter what it is, it’s the end of the road. I’m done. Finished. Alone. 


But you know what? Failure is not a dead end!

No one wants to “fail,” but in that “failure” I’ve had some of the greatest moments of growth in my life. “Failure” is a part of the journey. 


We have all experienced those times in our lives where we had a plan and things just didn’t go according to that plan. Is that failing? No way! If we are doing what God created us to do, what we are designed to do, and always seek Him, we never fail! 






In fact, with God, that “failure” will fork into something else… Something greater, and better, than we could ever imagine. Maybe we don’t see it in the moment, but God commands us not to be discouraged! There is always a greater picture than what we see. HIS picture!


In what ways do you fear failure?                  


Read Joshua 1:9 one more time.

  • What does this scripture tell you about God?  


  • What does this scripture tell you about your fear?


 

Prayer for Today: Lord God, help me to be strong and courageous and not discouraged when things don’t go as I have planned. Let me be reassured that you are with me every step of the way. That YOUR plan is greater, and better, than any plan of mine could ever be. 

 

Written by: Angelique Faller

Small Group Leader


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home