Monday, November 29, 2021

November 30, 2021

 Week One / Tuesday

Overcoming the Fear of… 

Rejection


Be merciful to me, my God, for my enemies are in hot pursuit; all day long they press their attack. My adversaries pursue me all day long; in their pride many are attacking me. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?  - Psalm 56:1-4


What are your fears in life? Fear of failure?  Fear of death?  Fear of not being accepted by others?

 

As human beings we need social interaction, we need to be loved, we need the warmth of being included. The fear that we might be denied these emotions from others can leave us feeling lonely and lost.

 

In Psalm 56, David has been captured by his enemies, the Philistines at Gath.  He fears for his life.  As he wrote, "for man would swallow me up". David did not know where his rejection from the Philistines would lead.  But, he leaves his fears to God. "Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in you… In God I have put my trust…”

 

Our fears of rejection grow out of our anxiety in situations that may lead to rejection, for example: meeting new people, job interviews, marriage, sports teams.

 

The power that God gave David was His protection from his enemies.  God delivered him from death.  David was faithful and trusted God, so he could say, "What can flesh do to me?" 

 

God never rejects us. The good news is, if we feel lonely and lost because of rejection, remember we have the love of God.

When we trust God with our fears, we can know that God loves us and will never reject us. We can show our true selves to the world. 

 

Prayers, faithfulness, believing, and trusting that God lives through us, will give us the freedom from fear to live a fuller life.

what ways do you fear rejection?                  

 

Read Psalm 56:1-4 one more time.

  • What does this scripture tell you about God?  


 

  • What does this scripture tell you about your fear?

 

 

Prayer for Today: Father, I find strength in your love and acceptance.  I am thankful for your mercy.  My fears are your strength. 

 

Written by: Sandy Burnett 

Elder, Evangelism Team, First Impressions Team


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home