Saturday, November 27, 2021

November 28, 2021

Week One / Sunday

Overcoming the Fear of…

Being Known

 

On that day it shall be said to Jerusalem: Fear not, O Zion; let not your hands be weak. The Lord your God is in your midst, The Mighty One who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by His love; He will rejoice over you with singing.  - Zephaniah 3:16-17

 

I understand that the Bible says God knows how many hairs my kids are making me lose a day and what the sparrow is having for lunch, but seriously, does He ever take interest in my mundane life? Does He even know what I am going through and the struggles I am facing? Don’t you just love how the devil tries to weasel his way into the corners of your mind, placing that tiny seed of doubt that God isn’t a 100% Almighty, All-Caring, All-Sovereign God?! The devil loves to see us crumble with the thought that we aren’t that significant to the Most High, and God probably couldn’t pick you out of a crowd, right?

 

Of course, we know that’s insane… to think that God doesn’t truly know His own, but when we are in the thick of our pain and struggle, we may give credence to that thought. Take heart, (and I’m speaking to myself in this too!) that we are not merely lost in a sea of faces to our Heavenly Father. Our Omnipotent, Creator God –the MIGHTY One who will save, whispers my name. He looks in favor on ME and says, “I KNOW you, Ashley. You are mine. You are a daughter of the King, and I delight in YOU.” 

 

God is our Abba Father. He is a personal God and He is in our midst! He delights and rejoices over each of His children, and He most certainly delights and rejoices in YOU.  

_______________________________________

In what ways do you fear being known?                   

 

Read Zephaniah 3:16-17 one more time.

-      * What does this scripture tell you about God? 

-      *  What does this scripture tell you about your fear?


Prayer for Today: Father God, help me to remember that I am Yours. and I always am, and will be, known by name to You. Thank You for being such a personal and “in-touch” God with Your children. In Your Name, Amen.

  

Written by: Ashley Wright

Worship Team, Touchpoints Care Team


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home