Tuesday, December 7, 2021

December 8, 2021

                                                     Week Two / Wednesday

Overcoming the Fear of…

Losing


I cried out, “I’m slipping” and your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.  - Psalm 94:18-19


Over the years I have always been good at worrying about things that I have no control over. Only when I turn things over to God can I know, through His love and comfort, that all things work out to the good.


After my divorce in 1981, my fears developed as to how I was going to keep from losing my house and how I was going to raise two children without child support.  With lots of prayers, and finally letting God take control, I have accomplished what I didn’t think was possible: My children are grown and have families of their own.  My house is paid for and I am financially stable.


My son and his wife lost a baby last year and we were all devastated.  When they conceived again this year, I had to fight my anxiety and fear of them losing another child.  God’s love and consolation brought joy to me.  A perfect healthy granddaughter was born, and the doubts and fears that I had were taken away by God’s holy promise.


The fear of losing can cripple you to the point where you are afraid of trying anything new or believing in yourself.  






As my relationship with God has grown over the years, my fear has turned into faith, love, and trust that I am never alone and will always have the power of God’s love and grace to guide me through… whatever my challenges may be.


May we all feel the love and joy that only God can give us this advent season.

In what ways do you fear losing?                  


Read Psalm 94:18-19 one more time.


  • What does this scripture tell you about God?  

 

  • What does this scripture tell you about your fear?


 

Prayer for Today: God, help me to know that your love and support will always be there when I have doubts and fears.  May we all look to you for comfort knowing you are in control. Amen

 

Written by: Sarah Doyle

First Impressions Team, Operations Team


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home