Sunday, December 12, 2021

December 13, 2021

                                                         Week Three / Monday

Overcoming the Fear of…

Change


God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.  Psalm 46: 1-3

     I am not great with change, never have been. Some change is good, especially if it’s something we want or plan for, but what if it’s not? 

Growing up, very little changed in my life. I lived in the same house from birth until college. I went to the same school, same church, graduated with kids I had started Kindergarten with, and went on the same family vacation every year. You get the idea.  

    Becoming an adult means change. Getting married, our plan was to stay in Nashville because neither of us wanted to leave. Within 5 years we moved to Scotland!!! Whoa! Talk about a change!! 

From that point on, life was a series of changes…new cities, friends, churches, careers. Some were good, some were not, but the one thing I learned through every change was that I could depend on God. He is my refuge and strength. He is an ever-present help in trouble. I may not always see it, but I can look back at the changes in my life and know God was there! 

He has never left me or forsaken me!



Today, as you think about change, may you see God there. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever! So whatever changes happen in your life, God doesn’t change. We can depend on Him. 

I pray you will embrace God as “our refuge and strength, the ever-present help in trouble.” Live your life in that confidence.

In what ways do you fear change?                  


Read Psalm 46:1-3 one more time.


  • What does this scripture tell you about God?  


  • What does this scripture tell you about your fear?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Prayer for Today:  LORD God, help me accept change in my life. Help me remember that you love me through all the changes I face.  May each change, and my trust in you through that change, bring glory to You.  Amen. 

Written by: Lori Young

Worship Team, Missions Team, First Impressions Team


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home