Sunday, December 19, 2021

December 20, 2021

                                                         Week Four / Monday

Overcoming the Fear of…

Being Judged

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again, rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry “Abba” Father. - Romans 8:15

At some time in our lives, we all have experienced the fear of being judged, whether as a child because of grades or in the participation of a sport. In adolescence, we ask ourselves “Am I wearing the right clothes or saying the popular thing?” Then in adulthood, we wonder “Am I doing a good enough job with my family or at my workplace?” All of these thoughts and questions are based on some form of judgement.  

Throughout all of this judgement we ask the question “Am I good enough?” That is truly the root of self-judgement. How do others see me?  How do I see myself? How do I look to the world, knowing the false reality and perceptions of social media? All of these experiences tend to have us look toward the negative and cause comparison, stress, and worry. 

But, there is hope in the light of this darkness, because judgement is not our job or responsibility. In knowing that, there can be a release of that fear in our judgement of not being enough. 

There is true beauty in a life lived through the unconditional eyes of Jesus when we accept him as our Judge.  He stands in the gap for all of our failures and graciously takes on the judgement. His grace is sufficient!



In what ways do you fear being judged?                  


Read Romans 8:15 one more time.


  • What does this scripture tell you about God?  

 

  • What does this scripture tell you about your fear?


Prayer for Today:  Lord, please let me live in your judgement through the eyes of Jesus, because I believe that is your perfect will for my life. That is my prayer!


Written by: Bev Kuhlman

Elder, NextGen Ministry Team, Small Group Leader


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home