Wednesday, December 15, 2021

December 16, 2021

                                                         Week Three / Thursday

Overcoming the Fear of…

Making the Wrong Decision


Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  - Isaiah 41:10 

Many times I’m quick to think (probably way too quick to think), and other times I’m really, really slow. But, I often ask myself if it’s right to take my time or, really… what should I do? This is all because I fear making the wrong decisions. 

There are so many Bible verses that say to trust God… that he is with you… but, honestly, for me, sometimes that doesn’t seem like enough. I still fear that I am going to hurt someone, or something, because of the decisions I make. 

Not everyone makes the same decisions in certain situations, and many times that can be an issue for me. I can often get stuck with “following the crowd”. But, what happens when there isn’t a crowd? Well, that’s where I believe God is challenging me. 

Right now, the circumstance I struggle with is what I am going to do when I grow up. Well, reading Isaiah 41:10 and having reassurance that God “…will help [me]” means so much.  It means so much knowing that I am not alone, trusting that God has my back, no matter if I’m trying to figure out what to eat for dinner or making a big life decision. 


Today, may you feel that God is with you in all the decisions you are making, and, when you feel fear come over you, may the Spirit of the Lord guide you!


In what ways do you fear making the wrong decision?                  


Read Isaiah 41:10 one more time.


  • What does this scripture tell you about God?  


  • What does this scripture tell you about your fear?


Prayer for Today:  LORD God, help me understand that you are there for me, and help me understand that you will never forsake me when I am trying to make decisions. God, you are a way maker, a promise keeper, and a miracle worker.


Written by: Matthew Murray

Worship Team, Tech Team, Former Staff


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home