Friday, December 17, 2021

December 18, 2021

                                                         Week Three / Saturday

Overcoming the Fear of…

Something Bad Happening


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7


In 2007, I was diagnosed with punctate inner choroidopathy (PIC), a potentially blinding form of uveitis with unknown cause.  This resulted in significant scarring and vision loss in my right eye and some loss of sight in my left eye.  It was one of the scariest times of my life.  Despite having supportive family, friends and co-workers, I also felt very alone.  I was newly single, my long-time canine companion had just passed away, and my work was very demanding.  Add PIC to the mix, and it was one of the most difficult times in my life.  

This verse was and is very special to me.  It reminded me then and reminds me still that, no matter the weight of the issue, I do not need to worry.  As Christians, we have the privilege of taking all of our concerns to God and allowing Him to carry the burden for us.  All that is required is making it known.  When we pray to God, we can hand over all the things causing us anxiety and accept the peace that God has this. He will always see us through our trials. That comfort allows us to experience calmness and even joy in the most trying of times.  

Fourteen years later, I can see how God not only carried me through that difficult time, but brought me many blessings through the experience.  



Today, may you take whatever is troubling you to God and experience the peace “which surpasses all understanding” that only He can give.

In what ways do you fear something bad happening?                  


Read Philippians 4:6-7 one more time.


  • What does this scripture tell you about God?  


  • What does this scripture tell you about your fear?

 

Prayer for Today:  LORD God, Help me not to be anxious and to let the fear of the unknown trouble me.  Guide me to bring those things worrying me to you for wisdom and relief.  It doesn’t matter how big or how small it is, I know you can lift the burden from my heart. Help me remember that You always hear all of my worries and will provide me peace.  Amen.


Written by: Heather Kibler

Personnel Team, NextGen Ministry Team

 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home